At Great-West Life, of which Canada Life is a subsidiary, we’re focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
Our customers across Canada trust us to provide for their financial security needs and to deliver on the promises we make.
That trust is built on the dedication, skill and energy of our employees and advisors and their commitment to our customers and to our communities.
Whether handling policy claims, growing and protecting clients’ retirement and investment savings, providing workplace mental health support for all employers or helping build stronger communities by investing in community projects, we are committed to putting the customer first in all that we do.
In 2016, we:
- Helped more than 44,000 families cope with loss, paying out more than $2.4 billion in life insurance claims.
- Provided income for over 76,000 people who became disabled and could no longer work.
- Paid over 56 million claims representing more than $4.6 billion in health and dental benefits for plan members.
- Made over $800 million of annuity payments, helping Canadians fund their retirement with a secure income stream.
- Helped 30,000 employers provide benefits plans and 12,000 employers offer retirement savings plans for their employees.
More than 13 million Canadian customers
$9.1 billion in benefits paid
$100 billion in retirement and investment holdings
Canada Life, Great-West Life and London Life are subsidiaries of Great-West Lifeco Inc. and members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies. The organizational chart shows the relationships between Great-West Lifeco and certain of its subsidiaries. For more information on Great-West Lifeco, please visit www.greatwestlifeco.com.