If you have coverage through your employer
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
You need to work with your workplace’s benefits plan administrator to make certain changes to your coverage.
Reach out to your plan administrator if you would like to:
- Enrol in your workplace benefits plan.
- Provide evidence of insurability required for benefits that need medical underwriting like excess life insurance coverage.
- Make specific updates that affect your coverage like adding or removing dependents and opting out of coverage. But if you want to make updates like change of address, you can do those yourself using your online account.
- Apply for optional insurance coverage like accidental death and dismemberment or critical illness.
- Convert your workplace life insurance coverage into a personal policy.
If you have coverage through an advisor
As of Jan. 1, 2020, The Great-West Life Assurance Company, London Life Insurance Company and The Canada Life Assurance Company became one company – The Canada Life Assurance Company. It will take some time to update our websites, materials and forms, so until we’re done, all references to Great-West Life or London Life are to be understood as referring to The Canada Life Assurance Company.
How we handle claims
The claims process will depend on your type of coverage. Here’s everything you need to know about how to submit a claim and what will happen afterwards.
Information for residents of Saskatchewan: If you reside in the Province of Saskatchewan, the contact information for the Superintendent of Insurance is: