Skip to main content

Your web browser is out-of-date. For the best experience, please update to a modern browser like Chrome, Edge, Safari or Mozilla Firefox.

Make a claim for out-of-country medical expenses

Are you currently experiencing a medical emergency while travelling?

Call us 24/7 from anywhere in the world for help during a medical emergency. 

Contact us

Bought Freedom to Choose™ health and dental insurance coverage directly through Canada Life? You’re in the right place.

If you have coverage through your employer or plan sponsor, use our workplace benefits insurance forms. If you have coverage through an advisor, use our personal insurance forms.  

How to make a claim

Use this form to make a claim for medical expenses you incurred while travelling outside Canada or while more than 500 kilometres from your home within Canada.

These are the forms to use if you are a Freedom to Choose health and dental insurance customer.

Questions? Call us at 1 8 6 6 4 3 0 2 8 6 3.

Step 1: Fill out this claim form

Step 2: Fill out the provincial authorization form for the province you live in.

Step 3: Submit your claim

Log in to your Canada Life online account to submit your completed claim form. We’re not able to process these claims on the app right now.

When you’ve logged into your account, click Make a claim, and then follow the steps under Start a paper claim.

Not what you're looking for? Find the forms you need.

I have coverage through my employer.

Find a form

I bought coverage through an advisor.

Find a form

I bought coverage online directly through Canada Life.

Find a form