Looking for health and dental insurance in Alberta?
- AHCIP offers limited coverage for many common health needs
- Our affordable plans can help cover routine dentalcare, including fillings and x-rays
- You can also get coverage for prescription drugs, up to $250,000
- Plans can include glasses and contacts, and paramedical specialists like physios, psychologists and more
- You can also add popular extras like emergency medical travel insurance
- No medical exam required
Living in Alberta? We’ve got you covered.
You’re probably already aware that the programs provided by the Alberta government such as Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) may not cover all of your healthcare expenses.
A limited number of medications are included in the list covered by the province. AHCIP does not cover routine dental, or vision care for adults between 19 and 64, unless medically necessary. Ground ambulance service is only covered for those 65+. Other coverage, like home health care, hearing aids, and chiropractic services are only available to certain people, often based on their income or age.
Freedom to Choose health and dental insurance can help bridge the gap.