Real estate investment funds
Temporary suspension of Canada Life’s real estate investment fund
Canada Life announced a temporary suspension of contributions to, transfers and redemptions from its Canadian real estate segregated fund, effective March 20, 2020, until market conditions have stabilized. This decision was made after careful consideration, with the intent to protect the long-term interest of investors.
What this means for you
Payment release review program
What is it?
We continue to put customers at the centre of what we do. We’ve established a process to facilitate payments to customers who have an urgent need and no other source of funds. The value of the customer’s account/policy will be reduced by the amount of any payment made.
How to submit an application for payment release review
- Review your financial portfolio and you may want to speak with your advisor. Investors will need to prove an immediate and urgent need for funds and exhaust all other financial options.
- Gather your documents and financial information.
- Complete the form below and submit your application in one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-855-317-9241
- Mail: 255 Dufferin Avenue, London, ON N6A 4K1
- Your advisor
Due to market uncertainty related to the valuation of real estate, the current unit value and rate of return for the real estate fund may not accurately reflect the market value of the properties held by the fund.