12 small businesses across Canada receive $10,000
Winnipeg, MB, February 25, 2021. . . As we approach the one-year mark of the COVID-19 pandemic, many small businesses continue to struggle to keep their doors open. To help address this ongoing struggle, Canada Life launched its Business Boost program, and today, is proud to announce the 12 small businesses which will receive a one-time grant of $10,000.
“Small businesses are at the heart of the communities we call home but they’re still struggling to stay afloat under public health restrictions as the pandemic continues,” said Jeff Macoun, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, for Canada Life. “We’re inspired by their continued perseverance, determination and creativity to keep their businesses open. We know this financial support will help make a difference at a time when they need it most.”
The Business Boost program was announced in October 2020 – and the response was overwhelming, with nearly 4,000 applications received during a two-week application window.
“Small business owners put everything they have into their businesses, and these Business Boost grants will help give a little back to them,” said Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “Good people coming together is how Canadians have managed this crisis, and Canada Life is providing an example of how it’s done. More and more, we are seeing businesses take the lead in Canada’s recovery, and we’re proud to count our member Canada Life among them.”
The final recipients are:
- Ace Tennis AcademyOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Edmonton, Alta.
- Evelynn by Nicole SnobelenOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – London, Ont.
- FlipGive Inc.Opens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Toronto, Ont.
- HFX Learning Centres Inc.Opens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Halifax, N.S.
- Kids Physio GroupOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – North Vancouver, B.C.
- Kings Park Child Care CentreOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Winnipeg, Man.
- Le Camélia – Maison de répitOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Trois Rivières, Que.
- Nobel HSSE Management Ltd.Opens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Oxbow, Sask.
- Outcrop NunavutOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Iqaluit, Nunavut
- Puddicombe HouseOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – New Hamburg, Ont.
- Samson Management Ltd.Opens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Maskwacis, Alta.
- San Vito Coffee HouseOpens a new website in a new window - Opens in a new window – Winnipeg, Man.
About The Canada Life Assurance Company
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
On January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 12 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
About The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce helps build the businesses that support our families, our communities and our country. We do this by influencing government policy, by providing essential business services and by connecting businesses to information they can use, to opportunities for growth and to a network of local chambers, businesses, decision-makers and peers from across the country, in every sector of the economy and at all levels of government, as well as internationally. We are unapologetic in our support for business and the vital role it plays in building and sustaining our great nation.
For more information contact:
Manitoba 150 recognizes Honour 150 awardees
As part of Canada Life’s contribution to Manitoba 150, $500 will be donated to the charity of each Honouree’s choice.